1. The qualification of new products
Before they are launched onto the market, Browning guns undergo numerous, very strict Browning internal tests. No product will be validated if it fails to completely fulfil the following requirements:
All of these torture tests are carried out in extreme conditions that greatly exceed those of the conventional C.I.P. standards. Browning gunsâ€™ legendary solidity and reliability are largely due to them passing all of these tests.
- Overload tests for all guns
- Obstruction tests for rifles
- Safety tests : drop tests for all guns
2. 100% systematic inspection of mass produced guns
Browningâ€™s extremely stringent quality checks impose a systematic inspection of each serial gun which is screened during numerous checks and tests.
very precise check on shot patterns.
For shotguns :
P.O.I. ( Point Of Impact) test which is the shot patternâ€™s average point or centre of gravity.
This test is carried out at 35 m with different points of aim depending on the productâ€™s family and therefore its use:
- For over-and-under shotguns, the maximum difference between 2 shot patternsâ€™ centres of gravity should not exceed 10 cm with a convergence set at 35m.
- Systematic check on the quality of the lead shot patterns using computerised analysis to guarantee operation and extreme reliability.